MARBLE MOUNTAIN SKI RESORT, STEADY BROOK, NL
The Lift Mechanic is in a visible role and provides an outstanding experience for guests via the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of ski lifts. This person must be focused on safety, efficiency, and being approachable and courteous towards lift passengers and conducting inspection and repair duties. The Lift Mechanic reports to the Lift Maintenance Supervisor and works under the guidance of other senior personnel in Maintenance. They liaise frequently with Hill Operations, and Maintenance departments and Contractors.
This job might be right for you if you think you would really enjoy: Assisting in all maintenance duties while maintaining and contributing to a safe and efficient work site at all times. Working around operating lifts, working at heights, around lift terminals, performing lift inspections, working on disassembly, assembly, and cleaning of equipment. Effective communication via radio.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND REPORTING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completing documentation e.g. daily checks, assigned logs, daily lift reports, maintenance logs.
- Communicate changing weather, unusual operating conditions.
- Timely and accurate reporting of all incidents and deficiencies to appropriate departments/personnel.
- Other duties may be requested and assigned from time to time.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Competent in leading assigned tasks.
- Outgoing, positive, social, and friendly attitude.
- Prepared to work flexible schedules e.g. weekends, holidays, nights, extended hours.
- Prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions e.g. appropriate footwear, layers, gloves
Calm under pressure and patient.
- Communicate effectively in English, both written and verbally.
Maintain professional conduct when in uniform on or off-duty.
- Effectively provide support and assistance to coworkers.
- Attend and actively participate in meetings and training.
- Must be neat, alert, punctual and dependable.
- Able to operate UTV, snowmobile, highway vehicle (must hold a valid NL motor vehicle license), or other industrial equipment and basic hand tools e.g. drills, saws, wrenches, hoists.
- Employees must always be of sound mind, exhibit good judgment, and report to work fit for duty.
- This position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time, constant trunk rotation, frequent lifting, pushing/pulling of equipment, parts, and tools (up to 50 lbs.).
- Mechanics may occasionally climb ladders or inclined stairs.
- Must be able to hike and move around easily in a remote, alpine environment.
- Accessing and working at heights is required. Routinely up to 50 feet.
- This role operates machinery and works around moving equipment.
- Candidates may be required to provide their own transportation to the resort base.
- Candidates are required to provide CSA approved safety footwear.
- This role has some exposure to industrial chemicals e.g. solvents, oils, grease.
Preference will be given to Millwrights and electricians.
Updated Nov 30th 2021
Apply by email or in person to Richard Cormier