Rental Shop Cashier/Technician
MARBLE MOUNTAIN DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, STEADY BROOK, NL
The Rental Shop Cashier/Technician position is full time, seasonal, or as indicated in the collective agreement. Hours of work will be dictated by business volumes and the collective agreement and will include all weekends and some evenings. Part-time Ticket Cashier positions may also be available.
The primary duties of a Rental Shop Cashier/Technician include, but are not limited to, the selling of rental equipment, lift tickets, answering calls, selecting rental equipment for guests, and assisting Lead Rental Technician as needed.
- Strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and to create memories for all guests and employees of the best mountain experience.
- Advise guests on, sell, and help facilitate an extensive line of Marble Mountain Resort products and services.
- Accept cash, cheques, bankcards or credit cards for payment, and complete customer transactions according to established procedures.
- Assist guests with selecting appropriately sized boots, helmets and poles.
- Assist Lead Technician as needed
- Responsible for end of day processes including balancing sales, cash reports, deposits and document discrepancies.
- Advise guests on activities happening at the resort and in the surrounding area.
- Work in a professional manner and be able use positive language to explain technical terms to guests in a manner that they will understand.
- Work closely with snow school, ski patrol, and other departments on a daily basis to serve guest needs.
- Maintain organization and basic cleanliness of all areas of rental shop.
- Protect his/her health and safety and the health and safety of other employees by following legislative requirements and safe work practices and by reporting unsafe conditions they observe.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Adaptable; capable of adjusting to changing priorities and adjusted work schedules, including weekends, evenings, and holidays, to meet resort operating demands.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the extensive line of products available at Marble Mountain Resort.
- Should demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the lifts, terrain, trails, and runs available at Marble Mountain Resort and their difficulty.
- Should demonstrate a general knowledge of the alpine ski industry and a detailed knowledge of tourism related activities the surrounding area has to offer.
- Two or more years of experience in a customer service roll.
- One or more years experience operating a computerized point of sale system.
- Must have general accounting knowledge and understand the daily cash report requirements of a sales position.
- Proven problem solving, organization and motivation skills and the will to forge a fun and respectful environment for all.
- Experience in the hospitality industry desired.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Post-secondary degree or certification in related field preferred.
As stated in the collective agreement.
December 22, 2022
December 30, 2022
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply in writing or email to:
Snow School Director & Rental Shop Manager
Marble Mountain Resort