Outside Operations Manager
MARBLE MOUNTAIN DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, STEADY BROOK, NL
Marble Mountain Resort is seeking a professional Outdoor Operations Manager to coordinate, schedule, lead and manage all outdoor operations across the resort. The main duties of the Operations Manager include formulating daily / weekly strategies, improving resort performance, procuring material and staff scheduling.
The ideal candidate should be ready to mentor all outdoor operations team members, increase quality of customer service for the outdoor product and to help implement best practices across all levels. We look to this individual to help us remain compliant, efficient and profitable during the course of business. This is not a unionized position and the individual will work under the Marble Mountain Development Corporation protocols. The Outside Operations Manager will report to the General Manager of the Resort.
- Ensure resort wide operations are carried on in an appropriate, safe and cost-effective approach.
- Purchase equipment and materials, plan inventory and oversee Garage and Outdoor Ops efficiency.
- Attend weekly Management Meetings and relay important messaging to the Outdoor Ops Department.
- Main liaison between inside operations and outdoor operations.
- Keeps updated records of all work performed across the resort.
- Nurture and build strong relationship with local vendors while remaining compliant with purchasing guidelines.
- Connect with the General Manager and Marketing Manager when assessing inclement weather patterns.
- Update Ski Patrol Manager regularly to relay daily grooming status or areas where trail closures are required.
- Manage budgets and forecasts. Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability within the department.
- Perform quality control checks on chairlifts, snowmaking gear, groomers and other machinery.
- Optimize equipment safety and reliability including the support of preventative maintenance initiatives.
- Coordinate summer repairs, maintenance programs, and assist with any new infrastructure across the resort.
- Oversee the scheduling of snowmaking production to ensure a successful winter skiing experience for the guests.
- Lead by example. Recruit, train and supervise outdoor operations staff members.
- You may be tasked with filling in for absent staff and/or assist with breaks across the Operations Department.
- Other duties as describe by the General Manager and the Management team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ski area operations including snowmaking/mountain operations with 10+ years.
- Licensed Millwright Mechanic and red seal papers.
- General construction experience with electrical and mechanical skills with extensive knowledge of hand tools, power tools, and heavy equipment.
- The ability to work both independently and lead multiple teams through delegation and priority management.
- Ability to work professionally acting in a fast-paced environment able to meet targets and deadlines.
- The aptitude to work both independently and lead multiple teams through delegation and priority management.
- Strong, effective written and oral communication skills.
- Computer skills (MS Outlook, Excel, & Word) with budgeting and modeling experience.
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and financial principles.
- Excellent communication, Leadership an Organizational skills
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, late evenings, early mornings. Must have own vehicle.
- As stated in the collective agreement.
Outdoor / Indoor setting at a Premier Ski Resort. Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
$60,000 per annum
November 10th 2022
the General Manager of the Resort.
How to apply:
Please send Resume and Cover Letter to:
Richard Wells – General Manager, Marble Mountain Resort