Mini-Krunchers Ski Program Coordinator
MARBLE MOUNTAIN SKI RESORT, STEADY BROOK, NL
The primary duties of a program coordinator include, but are not limited to, managing/scheduling of instructors, corresponding with parents, planing/coordinating events and working with other program coordinators to ensure a consistent quality product. Coordinator will report to the Snow School Director.
- Manage instructors daily duties/schedules, ensuring they are on time & prepared for work
- Assess instructors for quality and presentation of lessons
- Manage groups to ensure best fit possible for each kid
- Responsible for pinnies and their maintenance
- Responsible for radios and their maintenance
- Keep records and statistics in the prescribed manner.(google sheets)
- Strive to exceed expectations in a fun/safe environment and create lasting memories for kids and instructors.
- Greet parents and kids in a professional and friendly manner and build rapport by asking questions and initiating conversation. Assist with all reasonable requests.
- Be familiar with all Resort products such as lift tickets and season passes, Marble Villa, equipment rentals, technical aspects of the Resort, and upcoming events; effectively communicate this knowledge to guests using positive language.
- Responsible for following all health and safety legislative guidelines and safe work practices in the prescribed manner and shall report unsafe conditions.
- Be a team player with all employees and volunteers of Marble Mountain Resort;
assist co-workers in the execution of their duties if required and able. We work as
a team at Marble Mountain and no employee is above helping their teammates if
they have the time and ability to do so.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Positive and friendly attitude.
- Passion to share skiing with kids.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- CSIA level 1 minimum, higher levels and park/freestyle certification an asset
- 2 years minimum teaching experience
- Current employed instructors considered first
- Friday-Sunday availability
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the lifts, terrain, trails, and runs (and
their difficulty), available at Marble Mountain Resort.
- Experience using Google Sheets and Excel.
- A self-starter with the ability to facilitate and coordinate day-to-day operations.
- Proven organizational and motivational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be a team player with all employees and volunteers of Marble Mountain.
- Ability to adjust and readily adapt to changing priorities. Responsibilities frequently require an adjusted work schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet resort operating demands.
Instructor wage as stated in the collective agreement plus an additional $2.50/hr
Date Posted: November 09, 2021
Closing Date: November 17, 2021
Apply in writing or email to:
Paul Tizzard – Marble Mountain Snow School Director