Food & Beverage Manager
Marble Mountain Ski Resort is a premier winter destination nestled in the heart of breathtaking mountain landscapes. With a dedication to delivering exceptional guest experiences, we’re seeking a dynamic and visionary Food and Beverage Manager to lead our culinary team and elevate our dining offerings to new heights.
As the Food and Beverage Manager, you will be a pivotal leader responsible for overseeing all aspects of the resort’s food and beverage operations. Your expertise will drive the development and execution of innovative culinary concepts, ensuring that our guests enjoy memorable dining experiences that match the splendor of our surroundings. You’ll work closely with a diverse team of professionals to create an atmosphere that reflects our commitment to excellence.
- Must constantly be circulating throughout all areas of responsibility, maintaining a high profile with customers and employees.
- Responsible for managing food costs, upholding menu standards and controlling inventory.
- Create event-specific menus for occasions such as seasonal holidays, weddings, banquets, conventions and catered meetings.
- Ensure that operational standards are met in regards to sanitation and food storage regulations as well as loss prevention.
- Ensure that both the “Front & Back of the House” areas operate effectively and efficiently.
- Work, and develop relationships, with external suppliers to ensure Marble Mountain Resort receives the service required to deliver the highest quality product, and the highest financial return.
- The Manager will be responsible for maintaining and helping enforce the brand standards for each unit by constantly reviewing the service, product range and quality assurance are maintained.
- The Manager will also be the resort representative for Special Events, working each special event as the resort duty manager. This will involve all planning associated with each event, right through to delivery.
- They will liaise with the Sales and Marketing team to collate and respond to all customer correspondence, ensuring this is communicated to the entire Food and Beverage team, where appropriate.
- The Manager will create and be required to operate within efficient labor budgets for each season.
- They will consistently review products delivered to ensure KPIs are met and address any shortcomings with suppliers.
- They must provide an environment of openness and trust, with constant feedback and performance coaching.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and positive communications with stakeholder groups including guests, partners, employees, suppliers and community members.
- Anticipate challenges and opportunities and develop and implement innovative solutions for them.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Every resort employee must protect his/her health and safety and the health and safety of other employees by following legislative requirements and safe work practices and by reporting unsafe conditions they observe. Furthermore, managers are responsible for workers’ occupational health and safety at the workplace and will strive to protect workers from injury and illness related to work. A healthy and safe workplace will be created in consultation and cooperation between management, employees, and the health and safety committee.
Other duties as assigned.
- Experience within the Food and Beverage Industry.
- Will demonstrate exceptional leadership, people management, organizational, motivational skills while forging a fun and respectful environment.
- Superior communication and time management skills.
- Be Adventurous, Creative and Open-Minded.
- The ability to set priorities, think strategically and be action oriented.
- Capable of adjusting to changing priorities.
- Responsibilities frequently require an adjusted work schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet resort operating demands.
- Proficient with current technology including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and with property management & control systems.
- A background in the ski industry preferable.
- Competitive Wage
- Season Pass for Marble Mountain.
- 20% off the current posted rate at Marble Villa.
- Resort wide discounts
August 8, 2023