Cook 2 – Food Services
MARBLE MOUNTAIN SKI RESORT, STEADY BROOK, NL
The primary duties of the Cook 2 position include, but are not limited to, the basic food preparation on a short order basis and service and preparation of food for events. Must be able to communicate and co-ordinate with co-workers to ensure that the service of food is efficient/timely and that the quality of food exceeds the customer’s expectations. Also assists in maintaining all aspects of sanitation and cleanliness of work areas and general equipment maintenance and inventory counting and control duties.
- Strive to exceed expectations and create lasting memories for guests and staff.
- Cook and prepare a wide variety of food for all guests of Marble Mountain Resort.
- Responsible for before shift preparation of food, service station and necessary kitchen equipment: Set up for Success.
- Responsible for all end-of-day processes including proper food storage and rotation, cleaning, garbage removal, and end of day preparation.
- Stock kitchen with necessary food and supplies for service within par levels and have the ability to adjust to changes.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of all areas before, during and after service including food preparation surfaces, storage areas, and employee areas.
- Preparation and service of food for events outside of normal cookhouse service.
- Assist in inventory ordering, counts and control measures.
- Inventory control including rotation, counting of product, advising of shortages, ordering and reporting of loss/shrink.
- Provide direction and training, when necessary, to Cook 1-Food Services.
- Be familiar with all Resort products such as lift tickets and passes, Marble Villa, rentals, technical aspects of the Resort, and upcoming events; effectively communicate this knowledge to guests using positive language.
- Greet and serve guests in a professional and friendly manner and build rapport by asking questions and initiating conversation. Assist with all reasonable requests.
- Be a team player with all employees and volunteers of Marble Mountain Resort; assist co workers in the execution of their duties if required and able. We work as a team at Marble Mountain and no employee is above helping their teammates if they have the time and ability to do SO.
- Responsible for following all health and safety legislative guidelines and safe work practices in the prescribed manner and shall report unsafe conditions.
- Co-operate with employer, co-workers, OH&S committee/worker health and safety representative/workplace health and safety designate, and anyone exercising a duty imposed under OH&S legislation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Positive and friendly attitude.
- Passion for providing outstanding guest service.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Advanced degrees or certifications preferred.
- Supervisory or managerial experience in this position preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in guest service position preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in working in a professional kitchen.
- Current Food Safe or other F&B related training/certificates.
- A self-starter with the ability to facilitate and coordinate day-to-day operations.
- Proven organizational and motivational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to adjust and readily adapt to changing priorities. Responsibilities frequently require an adjusted work schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays to meet resort operating demands.
Working Conditions: Kitchen, Premier Ski Resort.
Reports to: Food and Beverage Manager.
Deadline for Application Dec 9th 2021
Apply by email to Adam@Skimarble.com