Brush Cutting Tender
Brush Clearing Contract – 2022 Tender No.090222
Marble Mountain Resort Steady Brook, Newfoundland and Labrador
Posted Date: September 12th, 2022 Deadline Date: September 23rd, 2022
Marble Mountain Development Corporation (MMDC) is administering this tender to submit proposals for Brush Cutting and Tree Removal Services of the existing ski trail network at Marble Mountain Resort leading into the 2023 Winter Season.
Scope of Work:
- All work to be performed within five weeks from the date of notification of awarded contract or November 11th, 2022, whichever is later.
- Successful Contractor will provide labor and equipment for brush cutting and tree removal services on the mountain ski slopes during a five (5) week period.
- Contractor must also possess ATV or Side x Side to access the trail network on a day to day basis.
- Contractor must carry proof of insurance.
- Exact scope and trail dimensions of cutting zones have yet to be determined and will be assessed by Management before start date.
- The following zones will need to be cleared: Country Road lower power line section, New tree skiing zone off lower Country Road, Tuckamore Tangle, Ugly Stick
- Working conditions will be steep, in a mountain setting and successful Contractor(s) will use chainsaws and other cutting tools to knock down basic alders, small trees and other vegetation across the resort as dictated by Management.
- All expense reports to be submitted to Marble Mountain Management on a weekly basis.
- Pay will also be presented on a weekly basis.
- Hourly rates to be submitted for additional requirements as stated above and will be carried out upon request. All pricing to be quoted in Canadian dollars.
The Contractor shall ensure:
1. Workers using chain saws or brush saws are competent and wear the following safety equipment: -CSA approved safety hat fitted with face screen or shield. -Approved eye protection. -Hearing protection, e.g. ear muffs. -CSA approved chain saw pants. -CSA approved chain saw boots -Cut resistant gloves. -Fire Protection
2. Chain saws must be equipped with a chain brake. The Contractor shall provide MMDC with proof of the insurance required by the Contract in the form of valid certificates of insurance that reference the Contract and confirm the required coverage. The Contractor shall provide MMDC with renewal replacements on or before the expiry of any such insurance. Upon the request of MMDC, a copy of each insurance policy shall be made available. The Contractor shall ensure that each of its subcontractors (if applicable) obtains all the necessary and appropriate insurance that a prudent person in the business of the subcontractor would maintain. Contractor is to ensure that MMDC is named an indemnified party insured with respect to any liability arising in the course of performance of the subcontractor’s obligations under the subcontract for the provision of the Deliverables.
For a specification package or an appointment to conduct a site visit contact Richard Wells via e-mail: Richard@skimarble.com or via phone at 709-637-7601. Marble Mountain Resort does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any tender. All tenders should be clearly marked indicating the Tender Number ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE ENVELOPE, and be delivered to the following address BY 4:00pm on the date indicated above. Proposals will be accepted by email: email@example.com Or Courier/In Person at: Richard Wells – General Manager Marble Mountain Resort Exit 8, Trans-Canada Highway Corner Brook, NL A2H2N2