Completion Report for the Black Mariah Quad
We are pleased to provide a comprehensive update on the progress achieved of the Black Mariah Quad. This update aims to enhance transparency and inform the public regarding the status of the project for the upcoming season. We assert with confidence that all necessary work has been meticulously executed to ensure the lift’s operational readiness on opening day. We eagerly await the final validation from Service NL, expected in December, before making the official announcement.
Maintenance and Renovation Accomplishments:
- Bull Wheel Refurbishment: Both the upper and lower bull wheels were subject to extensive maintenance, involving the removal of the bull wheels and the installation of new bearings and liners.
- Gearbox Reconstruction: The gearbox has undergone a complete overhaul, with the replacement of all gearing components and the introduction of fresh fluids.
- Brake System Enhancement: A comprehensive upgrade of the service brake system, adhering to the manufacturer’s specifications, was performed, which included the installation of new brake pads.
- Safety System Upgrade: A new set of batteries was installed to enhance the 24 VDC safety system’s reliability.
- EVAC Drive/Engine Maintenance: The EVAC Drive/Engine underwent a thorough maintenance procedure, encompassing the replacement of fuel lines, fresh oil and filter changes, and the introduction of fresh fuel into the system.
- Infrastructure Modernization: Sections of the aging electrical and hydraulic infrastructure were upgraded to ensure peak performance and safety.
- Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) Overhaul: The VFD was meticulously overhauled with the installation of newThyristors/SCRs and a novel power interface board.
- Sheave Train Inspection: An extensive inspection was conducted on all sheave trains, with the replacement of old wheels with new ones, including new bearings and liners. Additionally, all wheels and pivot points were thoroughly lubricated.
- Haul Rope Replacement: A new haul rope was installed, and non-destructive testing (NDT) was performed on all grips, hangers, and the new rope to guarantee their integrity.
- Enhanced Safety Measures: A state-of-the-art safety cable system was installed on all hangers to augment public safety.
- Cushions and Drive Station: have been enhanced for a more comfortable ride and look
- Lift Shacks and Infrastructure: Lift shacks and associated infrastructure received either installation or upgrades to ensure seamless operation.
- Rigorous Testing: Rigorous testing, including numerous line tours and load tests, was conducted to guarantee the flawless functioning of the on-board safety system and all associated components, reinforcing public safety.
In conclusion, we have spared no effort in our commitment to ensuring the Black Mariah Quad’s operational excellence and safety for the forthcoming season. The upcoming official announcement from Leithner Poma, expected in December, will be a testament to our unwavering dedication to this project. We thank you for your continued support and look forward to providing the public with a remarkable skiing experience.
Katelyn Budgell–Sales & Marketing Manager